Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For the readers who are experiencing similar circumstances...

I know it's hard hearing people say horrible things about you.  I know it's hard to sit back and listen to people slander you to no end, and to hear them call you names, and degrade you. I've been there.  Usually things like this are done out of jealousy and pure envy.  Maybe the other party feels like you are better, and this is their way of bringing you down to their level.  I know it's hard to just let it happen, and it's even harder to not fire back. I have fired back before...not directly to her face, but in my own way. Sometimes I knew she had access to what I had to say about her, and at the time it made me feel a little better.  As I ponder those times now, I realize it was not the right thing to do, and I regret it.  I realized by ignoring her thoughts, emails, and comments I am being the bigger person.  Being the bigger person makes me feel better.  I know it's only human to be angry when someone degrades you, and it's a natural instinct to try to hurt that person back.  Don't do it.  This is my blog, but if you are experiencing these things and you need to get it off your chest, you are welcome to use my comments section. I encourage you to let it all out. If that doesn't work for you, then I encourage you to start your own blog or journal. Some sort of outlet that allows you to vent.  If you do chose my comments section, please keep it as positive as possible. No name calling, no slandering.  Please do not use the other parties names, or give any information that would disclose who that person is.  I will be forced to delete any negative posts, or anything involving one's personal information.  I hope this helps, and good luck...

2 comments:

  1. I am a stepmom of two and have a son with their dad. Your right about it being hard. We have custody of the kids and their mother still tells people that we do not take care of the kids and never paid her child support. Every time it comes up I just say "well, we must be doing something right since we have custody, and if you would like I have all the canceled checks showing payment in full." I try to keep from going to her level. She makes it easy for me to hate her though. But I really feel bad for her knowing that she spends so much time trying to make our lives harder instead of imporving her own life...sad really

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very hard. I try so hard not to hate her, but she has caused our family so many problems, its very difficult! I'm glad there are more people out there who can relate. It's good to feel you're not alone! Just keep doing what you're doing, eventually kids grow into very wise adults. =)

    ReplyDelete