Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Attorneys and their fees...

So we spoke with another attorney again today.  This whole situation is so discouraging, and continues to get even more discouraging.  Apparently when you're a father who wants what's best for his daughter, it costs a lot of money.  Through experience with my biochildren, I know it costs little to nothing if you're a biomom.  Matter of fact, I think I only paid $1.25, and that was just for a copy of the paperwork.  I didn't need an attorney, because the state was there to represent me.  So why is it, when it comes to the father being the best for a child, he has to pay so much money?  Whatever happened to children having rights? Why are there not attorneys out there that work for children.  We already pay more than enough in child support...which according to "biomom", she's spending it on things like, booze and drugs. (These are her own words)  According to the attorney I just spoke with, she is entitled to spend that money on whatever she wants.  Then why isn't it called "mother support"?  This whole situation just angers me, and I just don't even know what to do about it anymore. It hurts to see my husband so upset over what to do about his daughter. It's really just not fair.  His child is supposedly abused, and there's really nothing he can do about it, unless he forks over thousands of dollars.  We are trying to support ourselves and our children in the home, and are barely making ends meet.  Still there's a child out there that needs us, and there's just no help when it comes to her. UGH!  I guess I'll just continue to rack my brain, and look for alternative resources.  What else can I do?

2 comments:

  1. I have gone through a lot of court fights with and without an attorney. Send me an email, I may be able to suggest some options for you to try that will cost only time and effort but can have a huge impact in court.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are getting ready to hire a pretty good attorney, but all help is appreciated!! Please provide me your email address, and I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete